The Swoosh is set to release the thirty seventh installment of their popular running line—the Nike Pegasus 37.
Here is what’s new and familiar about Nike’s next running shoe:
- Designers of the Pegasus transitioned from a full-length Zoom Air bag to a forefoot Zoom Air bag (the forefoot is where you rebound from the ground, and need an airbag the most).
- The bag is twice as thick as the Pegasus 36 Zoom Air bag, offering more energy return.
- The team top-loaded the Nike Air Zoom technology into React foam for the midsole. React foam is lighter, more responsive and more durable than the previous Cushlon foam.
- The translucent upper gives the shoe a lightweight, feather-like look.
- An updated midfoot enables a fit band to secure your foot.
- The color shift across the lateral side of the shoe highlights the placement of the Zoom Air bag in the forefoot.
- The silhouette maintains a heel collar that tapers away from the Achilles tendon — a design influenced by direct athlete feedback.
- The familiar waffle rubber outsole helps provide trusted durability.
- With every update made to the Pegasus during the years, runner benefits and design focus remain on improving comfort and fit.
The Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 37 launches globally Tuesday, April 28th, 2020.